Fairfax, VA 22035
Salary: $90,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
This position will fuse together key counter-terrorism and criminal intelligence resources from local, state, and federal agencies as well as private industries to facilitate information collection, prioritization, classification, analysis, and sharing, in order to better defend against terrorist threats and/or attack and criminal activity. This position will support law enforcement investigations, facilitate multi-disciplinary partnerships, and create intelligence products and briefings. In order to accomplish this, this position will:
· Facilitate the exchange of criminal, terrorism, and critical infrastructure information and intelligence between the fusion centers and all law enforcement, public safety, homeland security partners, and private industry partners in the Northern Virginia region.
· Analyze multi-faceted data in order to show methods, trends, and patterns relating to the Northern Virginia region.
· Compile reports and undertake projects relating to criminal, terrorism, homeland security, cyber, or critical infrastructure issues as needed.
· Conduct database checks and provide analyzed results in a report to respond to requests for information in a timely, efficient manner.
· Compile in-depth intelligence products and complete projects relating to criminal activity, terrorism, cyber, or critical infrastructure and provide assistance for special projects in the fusion center as needed.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
· Knowledge of research and analysis techniques.
· Ability to effectively collect, analyze, summarize, interpret, and communicate information and technical data orally and in writing.
· Proficient knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office applications, and analytical application programs and software to produce GIS-based maps, text, tables, graphs, and charts.
· Proficient knowledge in open source research and analytical tools.
· Ability to apply critical thinking to diverse information sets and to produce logic-based analysis and recommendations on probable and potential trends and event outcomes.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and complete files, manage multiple priorities, and follow oral and written instructions.
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and representatives of other agencies and organizations.
· Demonstrated ability to work semi-independently, establish priorities, and achieve high level results with limited direct supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to create and provide intelligence briefings for all levels of personnel.
· College degree in social science, government, business, or criminal justice related field and/or analytical experience to include criminal analytical training.
· Public safety experience or other broad scope governmental experience desired.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and successfully pass Fairfax County PD background check, including fingerprinting, drug screening, and polygraph examination.
· Candidates will hold or be able to obtain a Secret clearance
· Candidates will be available to work any time between 0600 and 1800 hours, with availability to work adjusted hours on weekends or evenings for special events and critical incidents as needed.
· Candidates will work full time, 40 hours per week.
· Candidates will adhere to all client’s general orders and policies and procedures.